Getting close to the end of the second and last day of QS2011 Amsterdam and it has been truly inspirational, extremely intense and a fantastic experience! Today’s highlights from 1/3 of the Stockholm jury:
- The lunchtime ignite talks were AMAZING! Kees’ way of describing mirroring his twins’ QS experience, Jochen’s talk on how his 40 years-check-up changed his life, Nancy’s unexpectedly effective placebo pills, Steve’s fascinating story of the Barcelona asthma epidemic.
- The constant intake of fantastic food.
- The contagious sharing experience
- The founding of QS Stockholm (Johanna and Martin, we ARE doing this, right?)
- My choice of skipping breakout session 6 to gather my thoughts before the last session before we all break up from this magical meeting.
My first ever day at an unconference and the impressions have been numerous. I love the idea of having the focus of the meeting on the breaks between the presentations, since everybody knows that the really sparking ideas are born over a cup of coffee and some strange looking local speciality (in this case I would call it as the mandarine mousse for the win, or maybe the odd-looking fruit with thorns or spikes…).
Among the ideas/impressions I will take away from today are:
- The AMAZING workshop on Personal Data Visualization, curated to perfection by the ultimate mix of design, art and data management in the trinity of the hosts.
- The tweet: @martijnhulst: Nice quote: remember if you’re not paying for the product you are the product. #privacy #qs2011
- The discussion on how to address data that could be percieved as negative for the person.
- and of course all the amazing meetings with generous, amazingly passionate and fascinating people!