- Participated in Salzburg Global Seminar session 585: Sciana network , gave a presentation on “The New World of Data – Empowering the Patient”
- Participated in Salzburg Global Seminar session “Toward a Shared Culture of Health: Enriching and Charting the Patient-Clinician Relationship”, see article here: Sara Riggare – “Even Without Being Actively Supported by Health Care, Patients Can Do a Lot for Themselves”
- Debate in Parkinson’s Life with Tom Isaacs and Jon Stamford: “Are we too focused on the search for a Parkinson’s cure?”
- Medverkade i Vårdmaktpoddens premiäravsnitt (in Swedish)
- Presentation in Oslo together with Jon Stamford: ““Parkinson’s Disease – a glimpse of the past, a look at the present and a vision of the future”. video here
- Personal View published in BMJ: “Patients organise and train doctors to provide better care”
- Gästkrönikör i Vetenskapsrådets nättidning Curie: “Kan patienter vara forskare?” (in Swedish)
Medverkande i podcasten Förändringspodden (in Swedish).
- Participated at Stanford Medicine X Ed and Stanford Medicine X:
- Workshop titled: “Design Thinking for Chronic Condition Patient Engagement”, together with Dennis Boyle, IDEO, and Ann Lindsay and Alan Glaseroff, Stanford Coordinated Care.
- Workshop titled: “Is Sweden Creating an IKEA for Health”. Article in English here and Swedish here.
- Panel discussion with Susannah Fox, Michael Seres and Eli Pollard titled: “Going from Researching Patients to Patients’ Researchers”.
- Medverkande i “Kropp och själ” i Sveriges Radio P1: “Doktorn i fickan” (in Swedish).
- Interviewed in an article in New Scientist: “Health-hackers: The people building apps to manage their illness”
- Medverkade i ett antal seminarier under Almedalsveckan
- Dagens Medicins Vårdtorg: “Sjukvårdens nya uppdrag: att möta framtidens patient”, klicka på länken och välj filmen från 1 juli.
- Doctoral studies half-time review
- Reportage tillsammans med Ulrika Sandén i Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish):
- Participated in Salzburg Global Seminars Session 548: “The Promise of Data: Will this Bring a Revolution in Healthcare?”
- Presented at the Nuffield Trust Health Policy Summit: “Patient involvement – What is it good for?”
- I was mentioned as the most influential person in Swedish medtech by Medtech Magazine (in Swedish)
- Guest blogger on The Guardian’s Healthcare Network: “Having Parkinson’s since I was 13 has made me an expert in selfcare”
- Participated in the BMJ roundtable debate: “How can we get better at providing patient centred care?” BMJ. Link to podcast here.
1-3 Oct 2014: The 17th European Health Forum Gastein, where I spoke on “Patient leadership, empowerment and technological innovation” in a session on Public Health Leadership. See my presentation on SlideShare here.
5 Sept 2014: Stanford Medicine X, where I participated in a panel on: “Patient with Chronic Illness – The New Self-Tracker?”. Video will be posted later.
25 June 2014: EHMA (European Health Management Association) Annual Conference in Birmingham, UK: “Leadership in Healthcare: from bedside to board”. I spoke in a plenary session titled “Patient Involvement, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly”, chaired by Prof. Naomi Chambers, Professor of Healthcare Management, Manchester Business School, UK.
9-11 May 2014: Attended my favourite conference: Quantified Self Europe in Amsterdam, where I gave a Show&Tell on “How not to fall” and hosted a breakout session on “Self-tracking of neurological diseases”.